Summary: Preventative maintenance tasks on trucks and trailers. Knowledge of air brakes, hydraulics, electrical, and ABS brake systems. Welding & fabrication experience required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs product line equipment according to Company standards, under direction.
- Performs daily maintenance on equipment
- Conducts preventative maintenance and lubrication on selected items of auxiliary equipment.
- Develops skills and knowledge to operate selected items of auxiliary equipment.
- Develops skills with all hand tools used in the Maintenance Workshop
- Diagnose issues in semi-trucks and tractor-trailers
- Perform preventative maintenance on trailers
- Test equipment and systems for performance
- Perform repairs to brakes and electrical systems
- Replace parts
- Document repairs
- Must understand and properly use all tooling needed for cargo tank repairs
- Must have GED and 3 years verifiable cargo tank experience
- Must be able to pass all training required training and certifications to include but not limited to
- HazMat, Cargo Tank, & Confined Space
- Maintains understanding and abidance to safety policy, quality manual, and employee handbook.
- Repair and maintain equipment according to Company standards.
- Promote operations in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
- Comply with Company safety training and procedures.
- Completion of a certificate program or technical training in mechanics and trailer repair, confined space and welding certifications.
- Knowledge of air brakes, hydraulics, electrical, and ABS brake systems preferred
- Experience with various hand tools
- Valid Class C driver’s license
- Physical strength and stamina
- Welding or fabrication experience required
- Must be able to be certified for confined space and entry.
- Knowledge on tankers and boilers.
- Able to rebuild heavy haul trailers.
- Valid Class B CDL preferred but not required.
Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. Able to lift 65 lbs from floor to shoulder level occasionally.
Ability to occasionally lift, carry, pull 100 lbs and push at least 300 lbs.
Requires frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, balancing, lifting, carrying, and reaching or handling with arms, hands, and fingers. Also crawling and working in narrow spaces.
Requires frequent repetitive movements, i.e. hammering, turning wrenches, or used screwdrivers.
Manual dexterity sufficient to work with fingers.
Normal vision with or without corrective lenses.
Exposed to cold, heat, noise mechanical/electrical fume, or odor.
Will be required on occasion to work more than 8 hours on one shift
Must be able to pass a respiratory test with mask fit
Must maintain clean-shaven face for mask requirements
Must maintain MVR Record per company policy
The job description describes a general category of duties and responsibilities and should not be
considered an all-inclusive list of work requirements. Employees may be assigned additional
duties in lieu of those described above and are subject to change according to the needs of Fleet
Service of Tulsa.