Summary: Ability to diagnose and solve customer issues while providing excellent customer service; must be able to manage service calls while working independently with little supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation and start-up of new & second-hand machines and complete lines
- Packaging format tooling installation, set-up & testing
- Onsite repairs for machine breakdowns. Test repaired items to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Perform quality control tests on repaired equipment, as needed.
- Training on machines for Operators and Maintenance Technicians
- Perform any trials with products and packaging formats on customer sites
- Technical advice to the customer
- Establish and implement the technical instruction programs for customers
- During these calls, inspect and diagnose equipment for faults and completeness. Test equipment to determine operational condition. Troubleshoot to determine location and extent of equipment faults. Repair equipment by adjusting, aligning, repairing, or replacing defective components.
- Dismantling of machines for refurbishment or moving
- Keep the Service Manager informed on progress or problems on site, with written reports and checking in via phone.
- This position requires the availability to work nights and weekends on emergency, as well as, the availability to be on call for after hour’s services.
- When not on field jobs, another position description will apply for in shop work.
- Maintain log book to DOT laws and regulations.
- Obtain and provide quarterly MVR report to HR. If any tickets or violations occur, employee is required to notify HR within 48 hours.
- This position is responsible for a company credit card whereas receipts must be turned in for each transaction. Any missing receipts will be payroll deducted.
- Responsible for obtaining budget-friendly lodging when necessary.
- Responsible use of company cell phone to be used for company purposes. Repairs due to damage shall be payroll deducted.
- Responsibility to understand and Follow all Federal, State, and City laws and regulations. Any violations are at service technicians’ expense.
- Understand invoicing procedures to include labor rate, taxes, markups, mileage rates, etc in order to accomplish Field Service Invoicing.
- Collect payment from customers.
- Responsible for knowing and assisting with sales goals
- When on call, no alcohol can be consumed.
- Responsible for pre and post inspections to be turned in weekly and concerns to be addressed asap.
- Required to turn in daily timesheets with details of jobs, service details, parts, locations, mileage, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date CDL
- Interact well with customers promoting customer satisfaction and goodwill.
- Promote operations in a safe, efficient, and professional manner.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 lbs. Able to lift 65 lbs from floor to shoulder level occasionally.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to operate a forklift and crane.
- Must be able to stand and work on ladder or scissors lift and to crawl in tight spaces to perform installation and repair. May be exposed to heat, cold, grease, and noise on locations.
- Must be able to drive service vehicle at least 80 continuous miles.
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, balancing, lifting, carrying, and reaching or handling with arms, hands and fingers. Also crawling and working in narrow spaces.
- Requires frequent repetitive movements, i.e. hammering, turning wrenches, or used screwdrivers.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to work with fingers.
- Normal vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Will be required on occasion to work more than 8 hours on one shift.
- Pass and maintain DOT Physical and Drug Screening
The job description describes a general category of duties and responsibilities and should not be considered an all-inclusive list of work requirements. Employees may be assigned additional duties in lieu of those described above and are subject to change according to the needs of Fleet Service of Tulsa.